Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Giving it a Shot

Well, here we go. This is my attempt at blogging. After talking with a friend about his blogging (crcpastorchad.wordpress.com), I thought, "that might be a good idea." I spend a lot of time in my study thinking about Sermons and such, and a lot of times other things come to mind that never really get flushed out. After we talked about blogging, I thought that would be a good way to put those thoughts down somewhere.

Since talking to him there have been some things that came up that I thought would be good to blog about. So, i am giving this a shot. I dont know how faithful I will be at posting, but I think this is a good exercise to write down my thoughts and to hear feedback if people agree or not. It is also a way that others can know about my life as a "new" pastor.

So please, bear with me as I try this new venture. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to reading this

Anonymous said...

the biggest thing to remember is too post often. it does not have to be the best, it does not have to make a whole lot of sense (though a little helps). if you post often it will help you get in the routine of thinking how God interacts with what you are doing, with those around you, and with the major events of the world.

Anonymous said...

Hey man - welcome to blogdom. There is nothing more wonderful than knowing that no matter how unimportant or lame your post is, no one anywhere can prevent you from publishing it on the web!!!

But seriously, it's a fun venue. It's very limited but it's a good time! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian...good on ya! I'm looking forward to reading from the Californian turned Alberta cowboy!