Friday, May 1, 2009

Camping Season

It has been a long winter. Or so it seems. It seems as if it will never stop snowing. In fact this past week we have had more snow, and as I type there is still some on the ground outside. Should be gone today...But just a bit south of us, only like 30-40 minutes south of us, they got about 5 feet of snow, unbelievable. But, there is hope! The forecast seems nice for the next few days.

I am looking forward to taking our tent trailer out a few times this year. Last year we never really got to use it except on our way back up from California. In a few weeks is May long weekend, (the week before Memorial Day in the States.) I just made reservations to camp there for the weekend as I have the Sunday off.

This morning, I spent over an hour trying to make these reservations. It is only two weeks away, and I tried to reserve the other day, but they said they didnt start until May 1. It didnt make much sense to me, as many people want to go camping on this particular weekend. I tried calling, and the recording said to try the website. So I did. But that was too busy. So I tried calling again, busy signal. I did this over and over again, until finally, an hour later, I got through on the website. I find it a bit ridiculous that they tell you on the phone they are too busy, try the website, but then the website is too busy. Wow, I guess everyone wants to go camping that weekend! Anyway, I am really looking forward to this. It should be a good time!

Oh yeah, we are camping at Writing on Stone provincial park. Just for those who are interested, it is only a few miles from the Montana border I guess...Looks like a neat place.

No comments: