Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Looking the Part, Pt. 2

Well, I have had some interesting comments from people over on facebook with regards to my last post. I dont want people to think that I have a complex worrying about whether or not I look like a pastor. That is not the reason why I posted it. It was just an interesting thought, at least in my mind to think about. I appreciate the feedback I received on that post.

But thinking about that yesterday, got me to think back to my last catechism class I had. My class is rather small, 2 students, which has its challenges, but also its strengths. One of the questions that we were looking at was rather intriguing to me as well, and it dovetails the question I had raised yesterday.

The question that was asked then is something like this, "How can you tell if someone is a Christian? What do you look for?" So, I am wondering, can you tell if someone is a Christian? If so, how can you tell? What are some things that tell you that htey are a Christian? Is it by how they dress? Act? Live? Talk?

Another question might be, should we be able to see that someone is a Christian? Anyway, just some more things to think about and again, I would love any feedback! Thanks!

No comments: