Thursday, October 9, 2008

Frustrating

Why is it that sometimes the smallest things will frustrate us? In ministry there are a lot of things that can get under our skin, that is if we let them. But it seems as if sometimes the smallest things will affect us more than other things. Sometimes it is easier to let some things go in one ear and out the other. Other times, a small, minor comment might stick with us for hours or days.

For example: Where I live we have a fairly active ministerial. A ministerial is the group of pastors from all the area churches that get together and plan activities or just get together for coffee. Anyway, in this particular ministerial we are asked to write an article for the local paper. Last week it was my turn to write the article. I tend to find this very difficult to do. It is completely wide open and there is no guidance given. Coming up with a topic is sometimes hard to do. But, I figured the paper would be coming out the Wednesday before Thanksgiving so something on Thanksgiving would be appropriate. I spent the time writing the article. Submitted it, and even had the editor tell me he received it. Then when the paper came out, it wasn't in the paper, and someone else had written an article.

I dont know why this bothers me so much. Maybe because I do find them difficult to write and when you take the time to do it in an already busy week, it is frustrating that they disregard it and dont even use it. Maybe this is a small thing, I just found it frustrating. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

1 comment:

Sherilyn -Dominee Huisvrouw said...

You know, you could post your article as a blog post. That's one less post you'd have to think of. It's like getting 2 for the price of 1!

Also, thanks for the CSI info!