Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chair Lift

Due to popular demand, okay, there was only one request for me to post about the chair lift episode that I wrote about in the previous entry, but here you go.

Last week we had a great time at Fernie B.C. The thing is, I am still very much a beginner. As a result, I pretty much stayed on one lift the whole time. It is the deer lift for anyone who knows. Well, this chair comes in behind you really, really low. I mean, it is hitting me in the back of the boots it is so low.

Well, on Wednesday I went by myself most of the day so my wife could actually have some fun. I was doing pretty good, and I thought I would get one more run in before lunch. Thankfully it wasnt very busy, and I was going to sit on the chair by myself. As it came in, I got on okay, as we start to go up the hill, it kind of sways a bit. Somehow, I really dont know how it happened, as it happened so fast, my left ski tip caught the ground. Next thing I know, my ski is off, and I am not far behind it. The people running the lift, werent paying that much attention, but were able to stop the lift, and then help me get up.

When I got back in front of the chair, I said to the girl running the lift, "THAT's not embarrassing!" I told everyone at lunch. After lunch, the same girl was now at the top of the hill and she was giving me a hard time about falling off the lift. But the best part of it all, that night my wife's uncle told me he had the same thing on that lift, only he managed not to fall. His ski caught and he started to go down, but he grabbed his wife and the chair and managed to stay on. But here is an expert skier, and he almost had it happen too, so I didnt feel that bad!

No comments: