Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lesson in Patience

The last post I talked about the fact that we got a new puppy. I think this is one of the greatest lessons of patience anyone can ever have. We have had her for over a week now and she is learning a lot. We are having a lot of fun, but there are also a lot of frustrations. Just when we think she is learning, she has an accident again. But, so it goes, she is only 9 weeks old.

Everyone we talk to says it is good practice for having kids. Well, then I guess I am happy we have a puppy first. It would be interesting to have kids without ever having gone through something like this. It is such an adjustment. But it is still fun.

It does make it hard to work sometimes. But, I am learning how to get things done when I can, and also to still have time to take her out and train her a little. It is a fun adventure, but we still need much patience!

No comments: