Monday, February 23, 2009

Trip - Day 1, Feb. 11

*As I said, most of the next entries will be what I wrote on our trip down to the Dominican Republic. We worked in a village west of La Romana. We helped to build a church there. *

Before I begin I have to start with last night. We all went to Calgary to spend the night. Brenda came in at 11:20pm, so she was a bit early. But that meant going to bed at 12:30-1:00am. At 4:00 the alarm went off. I got ready and said goodbye to he Brenda and then onto the shuttle. After finally getting our tickets and through U.S. Customs off to Dallas.

Luckily the flight wasnt full. I sat in the exit row since there were 4 empty seats. We were a little early into Dallas, so that meant I was able to quick eat at Fuddruckers, made me feel at home. Then we got on another flight for 4 1/2 hours to San Juan Puerto Rico. WE had 2 hours there then a 1 hour flight to Santo Domingo. When we go there we loaded up the bus and off to La Romana. After 1 1/2 hours we arrived at the hotel at 12:45 local time.

There are a lot of things to comment on which we arent use to. Red lights being optional. So many people on the streets, even late at night, roaming dogs, etc. I am sure I will comment on this more later. God is good, we all made it safe, but another short night as we are to be at breakfast between 7:30-8:00 tomorrow morning.

No comments: