Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Great Weekend

This past weekend was a really nice weekend. On Saturday my wife and I went to town and had breakfast together. Something that we hardly ever do, especially now that we live in the country. It was a real nice time together. After breakfast we went and picked up stuff for our Super Bowl party. We spent most of the day getting ready, but also had the time to take our dog to the park and go on a decently long walk with her.

On Sunday we had a nice time of worship. We had Cadet Sunday which is always fun to see the young guys in front of church, shaking hands, taking the offering, it was quite cool to see. In the afternoon service, I led it like it was a class based on the 10 Commandments. I was hoping for a better turn out, but what do you do? (An ongoing question about afternoon/evening service...I could possibly write a whole post on this topic alone.) After the service we had the Super Bowl party. It was a lot of fun. Even though 3/4 of the people dont watch football, it is an excuse to have people over and have a good time together. Thanks everyone for supporting my need to watch the Super Bowl.

Yesterday was also a good day. I have been trying to play hockey in Lethbridge on Mondays. I am a terrible hockey player, but am trying to learn. It was good because there weren't that many people there. I felt like I could stay out longer and get some more experience. The guys there are generally nice to me! I was also able to change my oil on my truck and fix my headlight and I needed a new one, so I replaced both. All in all, it was a productive weekend, but also a very enjoyable one. One where we had fun as well as getting some things accomplished.

No comments: