Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trip to the Dominican

Tomorrow morning I will be boarding a plane with 11 others and heading down to the Dominican Republic. We are going down there to help build a church in Villa Progresso, which is close to La Romana. This is going to be a new experience for me.

The thing about this trip is the fact that I have not really done anything like this before. I have gone on mission trips to places within the States, but never out of the country like this. I am really looking forward to it.

But it makes me think: What am I looking forward to? Seeing how other people live? Helping to build a church where people can hear the good news of Jesus Christ? Getting to know people from church a little better? These are some of the things I am looking forward to.

But it also makes me a bit nervous. Am I prepared enough for this? Should I have done more in planning devotions? What is going to be expected of me/us?

This trip will be a good experience. I usually dont keep a journal, but I think I will write a journal, and when I get back post them here on my blog. Anyway, I ask that you pray for our group. Pray that we have safe travels, but more importantly that God will use us while we are there, and that he may also speak to us while we are there as well. Thanks!

No comments: