Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More thoughts on the trip

This past Sunday our group from the Dominican trip was able to give a presentation in church. We had a brief slideshow followed by members of the group talking about their experience. I thought it was really great to hear what people had to say. Each person learned something different. We all experienced the same thing, but we all experienced it differently. It was really fun going through the pictures and remembering all that we had done. Hearing people describe it too, brought back good memories.

I was really pleased to talk to a couple different people who told me how the trip impacted them. It is amazing how 10 days on a trip like this can really have an impact. I think it is a great experience for people to have, but especially people who have never left home, or far from it anyway.

Like I said before, it was a great experience, it challenged me more than I realize sometimes. It really causes one to think about all the blessings that we have and how often times we take everything for granted. I would encourage anyone to go on a trip like this if they are able to.

No comments: