Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Still learning

Yesterday I was able to go and enjoy the outdoors again. There had been some real warm weather recently, but also some new snow on Sunday, so I thought it would be great to go skiing again. I drove up to the mountain with some snow in the morning. I got to the ski hill and no one was there. It was awesome. Skiing on Mondays are perfect, no one is there.

As I am still learning, I decided to take another lesson. This time I had the director of the snow school. He had seen me each time sign up, so he took me himself, and he asked how far I have come. He then told me, we are getting you to ski parallel today. We are getting rid of the snow plow. Well, It took some work, and I finally feel like I am starting to get the hang of it. It was such a nice day. He made me go faster than I had gone before, he wanted me to feel the speed to get used to it. It really seemed to help.

I hope to go again next week, and maybe take one more lesson for the year. Hopefully there will still be some good snow. It was really great to be in the Mountains again, it is so awesome there. Anyway, it is coming along. Still no expert though.

No comments: