Sunday, March 1, 2009

Trip - Day 7, Feb 17




Today we kind of expected it to be a slow day. We got started as usual with breakfast. After arriving at the job site we got to work right away. We began by taking off the forms from around the windows and columns. We got started with one more door way and a corner column and a side column. When I was finished helping in the back I went to help on the side column. I was helping Jerry and others and we had some fun. They joke with me that the only took me along because of my height. I dont need scaffolding and Jerry used me as a shade tree. We were able to pour three columns before lunch. It was hilarious to see the nationals get a bucket brigade going to pour concrete for the columns. They were having such a good time, it was great to see.

After lunch we really didn't have anything to do. We organized things and that was about all we could do. Tomorrowow we could get quite a ways but it is our last day as well.

As a result we quit early and went to the beach for a few hours. It wasnt as nice as before, but the locals use it more.

After dinner we had a good discussion again on differences between cultures, and how as Christians we are to respond when confronted with different cultures. It was a great chance to discuss these things again. We then walked for ice cream. When we got back we played some cards for a while.

All in all it has been a great experience so far. I am really glad I came and hope Brenda can come on one sometime in the future.

No comments: