Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feeling Torn

The past two weeks have been topsy-turvy for me. With the accident and all, my mind has not been too focused. This week I felt that I was geared up for the week. But there is a lot going on. There is a lot that has to be done. Now with the fact that we need to find a new vehicle, my mind is constantly thinking about that and what we should do. I havent had too much time to think about it, so I have talked to a lot of people. It is something we just werent planning on.

We got good news from insurance, but the bad news is, the second we settle with them, then we lose coverage for our rental vehicle. Which means that we have to figure out how to live again with one vehicle, or what we should do, we are not sure.

With that on my mind, I have tried to stay diligent and get my work finished. I was able to "finish" one sermon already yesterday. Which I thought was good. Now I turn to look at what I am going to preach on, I feel really torn. I began an series last week on "Life's Toughest Questions" found at the Calvin Institute for Christian worship. This weeks Question, "Why isnt life more fair?" As I began reading the "sermon notes" and the passage, I really began to feel torn.

What do I feel torn about? Well, this is a great question, that many people ask in their lifetime. I think it is one worth covering. But I wish I had more time to cover this question. I feel now there is a time crunch to get the sermon finished before Saturday, because I have to lead a candle light vigil for the family I did the funeral for a few weeks back. I would love to spend a lot of time on this sermon, but I feel I dont have that much time.

I feel torn because I would love to spend more time reflecting on this question, but dont have that much time. And I feel guilty with thinking that I shouldnt spend too much time on it if not that many people are there. Does the evening sermon deserve as much time as the morning sermon? Or should one focus more time on the morning, just because more people will be there? So, yeah, I feel torn. Instead of spending the time on it, I decide to waste time by blogging about it, ha ha ha!

No comments: