Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Needing a clear mind

Last week I did not have to preach on Sunday, as there is 5 Sundays in August. Generally it is a great week to catch up with office work as well as some of my visits. Well, as my earlier posts shows, my week was kind of thrown for a loop. I am very thankful that everything is okay with Brenda and the baby. But wow, what a crazy week it was.

We had planned to go to Great Falls Montana to do some shopping for baby stuff. Everything is so much cheaper in the States, as well as no sales tax in Montana, what a sweet deal that is! We went down as planned and stayed by some friends in Conrad Montana. It was a great weekend. Saturday morning I golfed while Brenda shopped, good trade I thought! Then we met up and shopped some more! We got a lot of baby things.

Sunday we went to my friends church, which was a good experience. After lunch we headed home, taking the "scenic" route. We drove over to Glacier National park and drove the "Going to the Sun" road. That is an amazing road. You drive along the edge, and I mean edge of the mountain. It is so narrow that you could give other drivers a "high-five" as you drive past each other. It was pretty awesome.

But now as we are home, we have to get back to reality. I have one coat of paint in the "nursery" already yesterday. I can finish that today hopefully. We also have to wait ot hear from the insurance about our car. I have a feeling it will be totaled, but then we have to start the whole car shopping experience all over again. Do we get a minivan or car? Do we get used or new? So many things to think about.

I need to get my mind back into the sermon writing mode for this week. After last week it is a challenge. But, this weekend refreshed me and challenged me. It is good to see colleagues and how they preach in their "style." It was good to get away after all of what happened last week. But now, there is so much to do and only so little time. The baby is due in 6-8 weeks, crazy crazy!

No comments: