Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feeling guilty

This past weekend I actually had the Sunday off and decided it was time to take my wife on a weekend getaway. She had no idea of where we were going or anything. It was a lot of fun to plan this without her knowing. We went to Banff national park and stayed at a nice lodge with a fireplace and kitchen. We went to the hot springs and went up the Banff Gondola. It was a really nice time.

When I got home, there was a message on my machine that someone in our church had a heart attack. It was bad enough that they sent him to Calgary. The thing that got me was that we just came through there. It was too bad I didnt know about it earlier we could have stopped on the way home.

This got me thinking about the weekend. I started to feel a little guilty that we werent around for this. So, on my day off I went up to visit him. Should I feel guilty about spending some quality time with my wife? I feel a little guilty, but then on the other hand, I need to do these things for my own personal life as well as my sanity. Again, some conflicting feelings.

No comments: