Friday, November 21, 2008

It's not about me

I am constantly amazed by different things in the ministry. Yesterday for example: In the afternoon, I wasnt feeling like doing much. I felt like I could go to the bakery and sit and read my book and I would be content. (Which for me is surprising that I would be content reading a book.) But I felt I should go make some visits. It was almost reluctantly that I went to visit some of those who live in rest homes.

The first one was asleep and I thought, well this is my sign to just go to the bakery. But, I thought, no, I should do this. So I went to visit a couple of others and wow, I was amazed at how they made me feel good. I was excited about their reaction to seeing me. Not only that, but the people I visited with are so positive. They are in their 80's and 90's and yet have a very positive attitude about life. Visiting with them lifted my spirits. It's amazing how we can be ministered to at the same time of ministering to others. What a blessing.

No comments: