Thursday, November 20, 2008

What wears us out?

I was asked this question by my mentor. This is a good question. I think this is something that changes from time to time. I dont think that certain things tire us out all the time, but at certain points things that might be frustrating might tire us out. In ministry there are things that will tire us out. However, there are things that should give us energy or perk us up.

Talking about this yesterday made me think of things that really make me feel good. There are a lot of things that perk me up and give me energy. Playing sports is one thing that really energizes me. But, this is a problem for me. Where we live makes it difficult to play the sports I love. We started volleyball in town which has been good for me. The main sport that I really miss is basketball.

The question I think I should ask myself is if I am too lazy lately? There is the opportunity to play basketball in a town that is a half hour away from me. The thing is, it is on Wednesday nights. Am I too lazy to drive that far to play the sport I love? Do I always have make appointments on Wednesday nights so I have an excuse not to drive that far?

Since living in Canada, I have taken an interest in hockey. So now I am trying to organize playing hockey in one of the nearby towns. But again this will take some time to get together.

I think there are other things that energize me, I just need to find them. I need to be able to do them more often so that it helps my mood. I do miss playing basketball 3 days a week like I did at Seminary. I miss the fellowship as well as the exercise. I think this weekend will help energize me. I am taking my wife away for the weekend, she doesnt know where yet. We dont get many weekends, and since I have Sunday off, I am taking advantage of it. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: