Thursday, December 11, 2008

Energizing

A few posts ago I asked the question what wears us out. In that, I think I talked about what energizes us as well. For me playing sports has always been the best way for me to get energy. The last few weeks I have been driving to Lethbridge to play basketball on Wednesday nights. After the first week I said to my wife, "I really miss playing." At Seminary I was able to play basketball 3 mornings a week at 6:30, plus I was able to play on intramurals as well as volleyball with friends.

I was noticing again last night that I really enjoy getting out there and playing. Life in the ministry can be lonely at points. Especially when we get close to the holidays you really begin to miss your family. That last number of years we were able to be with some family during the holidays. But now is the second time that we arent able to be at home with our families. It is a busy time of year for me, but I realize that playing basketball has really helped me.

I find that I can have a good time with a bunch of guys that I really dont know, but am getting to know over time. It is a lot of fun to play hard and competitively, but also to respect each other. I am finally getting in to shape, at least a little bit.

On a different note, I am not looking forward to this weekend. Not that there is anything that makes it extra busy or anything, it is just the fact that they are forecasting a high -25 celsius (-13 Farenheit) as a high on Monday! Saturday and Sunday arent much better. I was thinking of going skiing on Monday to practice a bit, but not in -25 thank you very much!!

No comments: