Thursday, December 18, 2008

Too busy to work

As I said before this is really my first full Christmas season as a pastor of a church. It is a busy time of year. The thing that I am finding, at least in this week is that there is so much going on, it is hard to keep my mind focused. There is a lot that I need to do, but it is as if I am too busy to work. My mind is on what I need to do next, and I cant seem to focus on what I need to do now. This isnt a good thing as I need to get the sermons written, I need to get the services planned, I need to call people to line them up for readings, I need to...it seems as if it keeps going and going.

I am looking forward to Christmas, I really am. But, the time between now and then doesnt seem to be long enough! I guess that is the life of a pastor. IT is a fun time of year, I just dont want to get lost in the busyness of it all.

No comments: