Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Walking in the cold

Coming from a native Southern Californian, this might sound strange. I just enjoyed my walk outside in the cold. It sounds especially strange since I am not a fan of walking for exercise. However, since getting the puppy it has forced me to go on longer walks then I ever would have done before. I am actually starting to enjoy them.

As I was on my walk, even though Pepper wasnt really following me that well, I was thinking about how much I enjoyed it. It is -7 Celsius or 19 Fahrenheit, growing up I dont think I could have ever imagined that cold of weather. But having lived in cold weather country for the past 10 years, you start to get used to it, or not mind it as much. (That is what I say now in December, talk to me in February or March, see how I feel then.) I was thinking about the fact that there was no wind and it wasnt so bad. It is a bit invigorating to walk out in the cold.

Not only is it healthy to walk every day, but I am finding that I think about God's creation as I am on my walk. Today again is different than yesterday, but both were beautiful days in their own way. It is amazing to me to see God's creation and all the minute little details that he has made. Yet, he gave it to us. Often times we take it for granted. I know for myself, I am being reminded of how great a God we have.

No comments: