Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I can't believe it

I was/am sick to my stomach. Yesterday I did something that I cant simply believe. I went to the local ice arena where I can skate for a while, usually, by myself as I am still learning. While I was there, I decided it would be a good idea to put my wedding ring in my pocket while I mess around with the hockey puck and stick.

Well, I put it in my pocket thinking that was the best place for it. Do you think I remembered right away to put it back on my finger? No, it didnt occur to me until later last night that I didnt have my ring. In a panic I reached in my pocket and my ring was not there. I didnt search too much, maybe I will later, but I think the thing that happened was it fell out of my pocket when I reached for my keys either at the Ice arena or the grocery store since I stopped there next. I dont remember hearing it, but, that is the only thing I can think of.

I felt so terrible I didnt know how to tell my wife last night until we were in bed. We thought we had purchased some sort of insurance with the ring when we bought it. But, of course it doesnt cover loss, it covers re-sizing and things like that, but not replacement. Anyway, I still cant believe it and feel terrible. But, what can I do?

1 comment:

Jake and Nikki Boden said...

Brian, this story reminds me of Jake! He too has told me of many times where he has taken off his ring while working on a vehicle, or something to that nature so he would not "wreck" it, and then realizes a few hours later that he no longer has it on and freaks out! Thankfully he has found it every time. We too have insurance on it, but like you said it does not cover a replacement, which makes no sense to me, why have the insurance on it then? :-)I can imagine a very panicked feeling. Sorry to hear that you lost it, and who knows maybe one day it will turn up when you least expect it!