Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I might be Sick

Could someone recommend a good psychologist? I think I need to be examined. I have said a couple of times today, "It is really nice outside." You might be wondering why this might mean that I am sick. Well, it is -10 C (14 F) outside. Growing up in California it rarely dropped below 10 C (50 F) during the winter, if it did, it was usually at night. Sure we would spend some time up in the mountains at the snow, but that would only be for a few days. But I cant believe I actually think that -10 is nice.

Not only that, I voluntarily went for a walk/hike over an hour on Saturday in -40, at this point, Celsius and Fahrenheit dont really matter, it is COLD!! It was a nice time actually. We walked in the river bottom and were looking for Coyotes but never saw any. We did see a herd of Mule deer, which was pretty awesome. Walking in the trees was actually nice, until we reached an opening, then it was really cold. But it was really enjoyable.

The reason -10 feels good is because after 3 days of -40 to -50 degree wind chill, it is really nice. It was great to take the dog out for a walk, she seemed to have a lot of fun, rather than the last three days of sitting and shivering the whole time. As they said last year at my ordination service, global warming hasnt really hit Alberta yet!!

No comments: